Friday, August 14, 2009

WE

That's our new series title for Crossings.  I cannot wait to begin my third year with the most amazing group of students and volunteers.  Something almost magical happens when you walk into Reformation Hall that changes you, well, at least me.  My heart is opened to God's calling and I want to be more like Him, I want to serve Him and I get to do that every Sunday night.  I'm so blessed that I get to be a part of something so incredibly awesome and call it work!  

I don't think I'm giving too much away for Crossings folks with this post because you know Jarm and the team will make it so awesome that what I have to say will be a vague memory by September 13th!!!  But that's not what this post is about.  

The series, WE.  Conjures up lots of things with two little letters, doesn't it.  When I first opened up the series I thought about when Jim and I became a WE.  The real WE, not the dating WE or the engaged WE, but the November 17th WE.  The Shea giggling down the aisle, Jim losing his breath, most magical day of our lives WE.  The day two became WE-one.  That WE led into the next WE thought where we've carried each other through some of the most difficult times a WE should have to carry.  Jim's sweet dad went to Heaven the April after we became WE.  After waking up from surgery and hearing our doctor tell us about Harris I looked up at Jim and said WE're still together.  Three years ago Jim's mother died suddenly of a heart attack.  My grandmother passed just this April.  WE have carried each other through those heart breaking times.  Then there are those other times where WE've thrown each other up in the air with excitement and celebration-December 7 and November 21 to be exact!  Our wonderful, prayed for and cherished gifts from God completed our WE.  Our WE has grown and WE are so thankfully blessed.  I have so much, yet I sometimes feel like I'm missing something.  I have God, yet I sometimes feel like I'm missing out on something.

WE.  I am so busy caught up in the ME that I so often forget the WE of other relationships outside of my immediate WE.  Are you following me here?  I am guilty of being self-centered, especially when it comes to my family to the point where I've neglected some really great friends and neglected to make new friends.  This has left me in a sad state that I didn't truly realize until I came across this new series.  I get so wrapped up in what Nathan and Brady are doing or need to do (or what I'm supposed to be doing ) that I can't remember what's going on in your life or your childrens' lives.  Shame on me, I want to be a more caring person.  If you're one of my friends, I apologize for that now.  

This also means that when I have a need (normally just your typical womanly emotional need, nothing drastic, just something a good milkshake or chocolate chip cookie would handle) I don't let others know it since I haven't fully invested time in them I shouldn't allow them to invest time in me.  So I "suffer" alone, actually I make Jim and the boys suffer with me.  That's not healthy for anyone!  God created more than one person, you remember He gave Eve to Adam, so that he wouldn't be lonely or bored or get in trouble-well, I'm not sure that was part of the plan-hope not!  Anyway, those other people God created are for us to have in our lives not just in times of need, but all the time.  Since reviewing the new series I've tried to make a more conscious effort of contacting people or getting in touch with them, but I'm afraid of failing them or letting them down.  That's always one of my fears of anything I do.  I've had the same best friend (outside of Jim) for going on thirteen years (some of you are barely thirteen!!!)  She knows me too well, but she lives too far away!  We'll always be best friends because she knows me too well!  

If you're one of my local friends, please bare with me as I'm trying hard to be a better WE.  I want you in my life, I care about you, I'm thankful God has placed you in my life and let's please try to stay in touch on a regular basis (of course that does normally mean I've either got a monkey or two in tow or may not be able to hear you on the phone!).  If you're a long distance or veteran friend, I'm so thankful God placed you in my life when He did.  He has perfect timing for everything, to mold us and shape us into who we are today.  To my bestest, thank you for always loving me, no matter what-you model God's love beautifully.  Jim, thanks for sharing the WE with me, I wouldn't want to share it with anyone else- I love you toe mush!

If you're reading my blog for the first time, thanks for reading.  I'll try to update more regularly.  It's kinda when the mood strikes, when the laundry's caught up and the creativity's flowing enough to make this interesting enough to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment