Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I've heard debates about God's measuring stick on sin not having marks.  You know, where God doesn't see your sin of a simple white lie any different than a murderer.  Because in the end He died for ALL of our sins; the big ones, the life-changing ones, the small ones.  And I can agree with that and hold it in my heart and praise Him for it every time I consider my sins.

So if He can measure sin equally, does He measure blessings and prayer requests with the same equality?  Here's my struggle, each one of us has something in our hearts that we pray for, maybe even plead with God over.  It may be something like a sick pet to be healed or for a student to pass a test.  All good and valuable things.  But what about the prayers of heartfelt desires versus ones of life-saving measures?  Does He sit with a check-off list saying "she's asked for that for many years, it's about time she gets it" or "he's been battling that disease long enough, let's cure him?"  I feel guilty when I say my prayer for smooth house selling/buying when people I know are battling the "C."  Isn't their life so much more valuable than where I live?  This guilt has often stopped me from praying bold prayers even though I KNOW His word is true. 

Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

I'm not sure if you've ever had guilt overtake you in such a way, but I know that God doesn't want us to live a life filled with guilt.  His sacrifice and promise of forgiveness frees us from that guilt.  FREES us.  Tonight I'm going to bask in the freedom that allows me to give it all to God-house stress, financial concerns, overweight stress, anxiety, world news freaking me out.  I'm going to give it all to Him in full trust that He delights in fulfilling my desires.  Even if they appear simple to many (Lord, please don't let me walk in to a dog mess) or the big bold ones (Lord, please reign blessings of provisions down on us).  Whatever my prayer tonight I will pray it without guilt knowing that He's handling those big ones of my friends, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment